Thursday, May 1, 2008

Finally

I finally got around to making a blog place! Yay me!

A little about me... I grew up in S. California, and then transplanted to southern Michigan, where we lived for about 14 years. Recently, my husband's job has brought us to Alabama. I love that it is warmer here. This SC gal will not have to shovel snow next year!

I have been crafting, drawing, coloring as far back as I can remember. One of my favorite childhood holiday gifts was an "art kit". I remember the rows and rows of crayons, watercolor paints, pastels, and colored pencils. I remember "making doll clothes" with mommy's leftover fabric, either with needle and thread, or just tying it around my dolls.

I suppose my creativity comes from both parents. Daddy was able to fix anything with his resourcefulness, even if that meant a trip to the mechanic later! Mom made us clothes for our baby dolls, barbies, and I remember her making us a dollhouse out of a cardboard box. We cut windows, a swinging door, and even put plastic wrap on the windows for "glass". Add little curtains, pictures on the wall cut from leftover magazines, and ottomans made from spray can lids, stuffed with cotton and finished with a ruffled fabric top!

I ran an online business for several years. I made party/baby shower/wedding favors, bridal accessories, and special gift items. It was a business my dear sister started, but had to stop due to health reasons. We were one of the very first favor businesses online. Then over the years, the competition got rough and business slowed. So at the end of 2007, we closed the business.

Now I make what I want, when I want, when I feel like it. Quilts, purses, ACEO's, crocheted animals and accessories, whatever strikes my fancy...Melody's Unchained! Ok, not entirely true. I do occasionally take on a custom request or two, but still I often get to create as I go, or design the project. I am never happier than when I have a fresh project that I am enthusiastic about, a stack of fabric, glue, glitter, paint or what-have-you, and a diet coke or fresh cup of tea!

Welcome to my newest endeavor - a blog site! Please come visit often with a fresh cuppa joe, and read a while! I hope to have tips, project instructions, guest bloggers, and even updates on my family or pets or latest masterpieces! Feel free to drop a line sometime!

No comments: