Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Other Shop

When I joined Etsy, I wanted to have another outlet for my business, Party Poofers. partypoofers.com was fairing badly, and sales were very low, partly due to the extreme amount of competition out there for wedding- and event-related businesses. It was hearbreaking, because Party Poofers was one of the FIRST event favor businesses on the internet, having started out in 1996.

So I joined Etsy and added a few items for sale. I made a few non-event related items, and some even sold. I was having fun! As our move to Alabama became more of a sure thing, I decided the easiest and best thing would be to close Party Poofers (.com) for good. It was actually a weight off my shoulders. So I concentrated on listing my destash at http://www.partypoofers.etsy.com/, and opened a new shop, Melody's Unchained, where I could make what I wanted, when I wanted. I was no longer limited to just wedding crafts or baby shower favor tags. I decided for a while to make handbags. Then I added quilts of all sizes. I wanted to crochet rugs, so I did. I wanted to add handmade clothing to my line, so I did. All these and more you can find at Melody's Unchained.

As the Party Poofers shop emptied, my plan was to clear it out and close the store. However, I recently realized that Melody's Unchained is getting crowded with categories and the variety of items is vast. So, I have decided to keep the Party Poofers shop open, and add some handmade items there. My latest craze is making cute little hats for babies, toddlers, and kids. My daughter wants one, and it will be teen sized, so I plan on making some in that size, too. Party Poofers has been reborn as a shop for bright, cheerful accessories and fun things for all ages! I may add baby/toddler/kids quilts, clothing, crocheted toys, and more. I am not completely sure yet, we will have to wait and see how it re-evolves!

Of course, as always, I welcome e-mails, comments, and even custom orders! Be sure to take a look in both shops at what is for sale, as well as my sold items. I have excellent feedback! Please also take a look at my flickr photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22929765@N07/, to see some items I have made for gifts that have not been on Etsy. Click here for a sneak peek of a few of my most recent creations for Party Poofers.

1 comment:

thystle said...

hey, it's shi...lovin' it..you are so talented, both artsy and wordsy...